Visiting a law office can be an anxiety producing
experience, especially for those who are not accustomed to dealing with
lawyers. This can be particularly true if the issues to be addressed concern
children, the end of a marriage, health, or planning for the unexpected. At Koenig|Dunne we want to make
this important step toward protecting your legal rights a comfortable one by
letting you know what to expect. During your initial consultation, your
1. Listen to your story and find out what is
most important to you in the outcome.
2. Answer any questions you may have, including the legal process, our law firm,
and legal fees. Please do not hesitate to bring any written questions with you
to your consulation.
3. Identify additional documents, information, or
research that you may need.
4. Inform you of your legal rights under Nebraska law.
5. Discuss possibilities regarding potential time
frames and outcomes of your case.
6. Advise you on important steps to take now
whether or not you are ready to take legal action.
7. Provide information regarding retainers, attorneys fees, and costs.
decide to take legal action or not, most feel very relieved and satisfied when
they have information necessary to protect themselves in the present and to
make important decisions for their futures.